- Molecular Evolution@
- Research Centers
- Societal Issues@
- Testing and Counseling@
- Transgenics and Cloning@
- BBC - Genes - Explore the world of genetics and investigate the issues. Features history, health, a gene safari, and DNA detectives.
- Chromosome Web Watch - Resource site for researchers. Includes links to conferences and courses, directories, laboratories, journals, and publishers.
- Computational Gene Recognition - Bibliography of accumulated research papers. Includes databases, programs, and conferences.
- Cracking the Code of Life - Chronicles the race to capture the complete letter-by-letter sequence . Includes an online version of the television program. Viewable in Quicktime or Real Audio format.
- Database of Genome Sizes - Genome sizes for different organisms. The estimated genome sizes are given for both the organisms currently being sequenced and those for which no sequencing programme is in progress.
- The DNA Files: Genetic Science Documentaries Distributed by National Public Radio - A public radio series that explores the world of genes and genetic science.
- Essentials of Genetics - Provides a range of notes including landmarks, basic terms and rules, chromosomes and genes, population genetics, viral and bacterial genetics, and plant genetics. Includes links to related resources.
- Genetic Origins - Provides biochemical methods and computer tools to allow students to use their own DNA "fingerprints" as a starting point in the study of human evolution.
- Genetics Virtual Library - Comprehensive subject catalog covering genetics in the biosciences. Provided by the U.S. Department of Energy.
- 123Genomes - A genomics and bioinformatics knowledge base with information on companies, careers, courses, meetings, databases, sequence analysis, news, diseases, mutation, snp, and microarray.
- Life: A Study of Genetics and Molecular Biology - Source of information from the basics to contemporary issues such as cloning and cancer. Includes interactive demonstrations and a discussion forum.
- Man And His Genes - Museum exhibit featuring genes contained within the nucleus of human cells. Flash movies and an online biology dictionary explain in details the sequence of DNA. From the Cité des Sciences, Paris.
- The National Center for Biotechnology Information - A national resource for molecular biology information for the better understanding of molecular processes affecting human health and disease.
- The New York Times: Genetics - Collection of articles assembled to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the discovery of DNA. Topics include history, recent developments, ethical concerns and other issues related to the genetic revolution, and the role of the news media in science.
- Polygenic Pathways - A dataset describing the genes and environmental risk factors associated with Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder and Alzheimer's disease.
- The Selfish Gene - An introduction to genetics, covers the basics including cell mechanics, chromosome structure, genotypes and phenotypes, recombination, cloning and mapping.