Celebration of Women Writers - Comprehensive listing of links to
biographical and bibliographical information about women writers, and
complete published books written by women. Searchable by time period,
country, and author's last name.
Collection of Classics - Lets users explore the meaning of a "classic,"
introduces users to the authors who have written classics, gets users
on the path to making their own classics.
- Booklist - The digital counterpart of the American Library Association's Booklist magazine. Reviews of the latest books and (more recently) electronic media.
- BookSpot - Features book reviews and news, reading lists, and author and publisher information.
of Phrase and Fable - Bartleby.com's publication of Brewer's classic.
Includes derivation, source, or origin of common phrases, allusions,
- Reading list for university study, with synopses, background and selected
texts for works covered.
Electronic Labyrinth - Both utilizes and focuses upon the medium
of hypertext as it relates to literature and its concrete manifestations--from
palimpsests to mechanically printed books to CD-ROMs -- throughout history
to the present, with speculation on the future.
Literature Directory - A comprehensive database of listings for
electronic works, their authors, and their publishers. The descriptive
entries cover poetry, fiction, drama, and nonfiction that makes significant
use of electronic techniques.
to Excel in an Undergraduate Literature Course - Advice from a professor
on what to expect and how to excel in college literature courses.
Independent Literature Institute - A non-profit co-operative for
self-publishing authors and independent publishers.
Library - A collection of imaginary authors and titles mentioned
within real books.
Libyrinth - Site focuses on 20th century contemporary literature
and author resources available online.
Scripta - E-mail lists and conferences relating to books, reading,
- Love Poems and Quotes - The most romantic love poems on the web.
- Study guides and discussion forums offered on various academic subjects.
Literature section includes brief analyses of characters, themes and